The Area 58 Archives collects and preserves correspondence, records, photographs and media articles for the guidance and research of A.A. members and others.
About the Service Positions
This position is a two-year commitment. Your Grapevine/ La Viña Chair’s duties:
- Encourages Districts and home groups to elect Grapevine/La Viña Representatives, or GVRs/RLVs to act as advocates for the Grapevine/ La Viña at the local level, emphasizing their importance as 12 th step recovery tools.
- Sets up the Grapevine/La Viña display at Area assemblies.
- Attends special functions when invited with the Grapevine/La Viña display and/or makes presentations on Grapevine/La Viña.
- Promotes Grapevine/La Viña within the fellowship.
- Stays current with the Grapevine/La Viña websites and other literature and products available at the online stores.
Who is the Grapevine/La Viña Committee?
Home Groups and Districts are encouraged to elect Grapevine/La Viña Representatives. However! any interested AAs who are Grapevine and La Vina enthusiasts can spread the word of GOTTA GETTA GRAPEVINE everywhere they go! Our international journals are meetings in print and 12th step tools created to serve anyone, anywhere who reaches out for help. A traveling display is available from your Chair, as are 5 minute “tastes of the Grape” District meeting mini presentations. We’d love to participate in your special event, host a Grapevine writing workshop, or share with your local service committees how they can support the Carry the Message 2022 Project. Let us hear from you!
A Mirror of the Current Fellowship
A.A. Grapevine and La Viña are the international journals of Alcoholics Anonymous in print, digital and audio. Written, edited, illustrated, and read by A.A. members and others interested in the A.A. program of recovery from alcoholism, they are lifelines linking one alcoholic to another.
In Grapevine and La Viña, AAs tell the stories of today, focused on what impacts our sobriety right now, and offer an up-to-date, accurate picture of our fellowship. Monthly or bi-monthly in print form, alcoholics everywhere receive a 12 th step call, no matter if they are in custody, disabled, homebound, deployed, or otherwise isolated. This is the fellowship we crave, the hand of A.A. in print, audio, or digital form, and one more way Alcoholics Anonymous can bring our message of hope and help.
Nearly 6,000 people have listened to Grapevine’s new podcast, we’re approaching 7,500 subscribers to our YouTube channel (English and Spanish members share), and our Instagram account is up to 5,600 followers! Listen to the The Half Hour Variety Hour every Monday with hosts Don & Sam.
View our magazine’s story in 5 minutes. Watch and then subscribe to Grapevine/La Viña’s YouTube channel.