Welcome! New to AA?
Intro to Alcoholics Anonymous – Overview of the AA program. There are over 900 AA group meetings and more than 18,000 members in the state of Oregon; Area 58 provides assistance to the groups in our common effort to carry the AA message.
Find an AA Meeting – Maps and listings to locate AA meetings in your District. If you are concerned about your drinking, we sincerely hope that you will get in touch with AA in your local District.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and to help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
©AA Grapevine, used by permission
- Assist the Alcoholics Anonymous groups of Oregon to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the still-suffering alcoholic.
- Facilitate communication among General Service Representatives (GSRs), District Committee Members (DCMs), Area Committee members, and Area Officers.
- Improve the understanding of the workings of Oregon Area 58 in order to encourage participation in service work.
Is Area 58 fulfilling its purpose? Find out by reading the results of our Area Inventories
We respect anonymity and suggest you use caution in submitting personal information by email or via our Email Contact Form. We don’t collect any personal information unless you intentionally submit it to us and the site does not use tracking cookies.
Steps, Traditions, & Concepts
SERVICE IS THE SECRET!
Service is the third leg of the Recovery-Unity-Service triangle of A.A. legacies.
Giving back to the Fellowship can be a great boost to your sobriety; see the list of current Area 58 Service Opportunities.
Calling All A.A. Members!
Our Area 58 Delegate, Vera F., needs input from your home group on the topics to be discussed for possible action at the upcoming 2018 General Service Conference. You can make your group’s voice heard by completing our on-line GSC Agenda Questionnaire. Please complete the 2018 GSC Questionnaire by April 8th . Your responses will be emailed directly to our Delegate, Vera F., and our Alternate Delegate Jim F.
This process is not intended to replace discussion on the General Service Agenda Topics at Districts and Home Groups. Vera’s hope is that members will complete the questionnaire after these discussions have taken place. If you need additional information on these topics, please contact your GSR or your DCM. Thanks!
The General Service Office is seeking a Non-Trustee Appointed Committee Member (ACM) to work with the Trustees’ CPC/ Treatment/ Accessibility Committee to help with veterans items. More information…
Read Our Newsletter
Name Our Newsletter
- District 25 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 21 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 16 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 03 Monthly Business Meeting
- 2nd Annual Spring Fling - Grants Pass
- Grants Pass
- Distrito 34 De A.A. Hispano
- District 10 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 11 Business Meeting
- EVI Steering Committee Monthly Business Meeting
- District 27 Monthly Business Meeting