Welcome! New to AA?
Intro to Alcoholics Anonymous – Overview of the AA program. There are over 900 AA group meetings and more than 18,000 members in the state of Oregon; Area 58 provides assistance to the groups in our common effort to carry the AA message.
Find an AA Meeting – Maps and listings to locate AA meetings in your District. If you are concerned about your drinking, we sincerely hope that you will get in touch with AA in your local District.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and to help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
©AA Grapevine, used by permission
- Assist the Alcoholics Anonymous groups of Oregon to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the still-suffering alcoholic.
- Facilitate communication among General Service Representatives (GSRs), District Committee Members (DCMs), Area Committee members, and Area Officers.
- Improve the understanding of the workings of Oregon Area 58 in order to encourage participation in service work.
Is Area 58 fulfilling its purpose? Find out by reading the results of our Area Inventories
What's Happening In & Around Area 58
We respect anonymity and suggest you use caution in submitting personal information by email or via our Email Contact Form. We don’t collect any personal information unless you intentionally submit it to us.
Steps, Traditions, & Concepts
SERVICE IS THE SECRET!
Service is the third leg of the Recovery-Unity-Service triangle of A.A. legacies.
Giving back to the Fellowship can be a great boost to your sobriety; see the list of current Oregon Area 58 and GSO Service Opportunities.
$7.40 on 7/4 Challenge
Donations to GSO have historically fallen short of actual operating costs; in 2017, GSO spent $10,222,650 to support our membership of 1,381,954 – that’s $7.40 for each of us.
This challenge is for each member to contribute $7.40 by 7/4, if possible, to cover GSO’s expenses. Download the flyer for your groups:
Read Our Newsletter
Name Our Newsletter
- District 10 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 11 Business Meeting
- EVI Steering Committee Monthly Business Meeting
- District 27 Monthly Business Meeting
- Westside Central Office Business Meeting
- District 06 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 23 Monthly Business Meeting
- Lake Oswego
- District 12 Monthly Business Meeting
- District 20 Business Monthly Business Meeting
- District 07 Monthly Business Meeting
- Grants Pass