To facilitate AA meetings within the Oregon State Hospital system, by organizing AA members from outside the hospitals to attend meetings inside the hospitals on a regular basis.
Interested in volunteering to carry the message into a state hospital? Submit a volunteer registration form on-line or by mail.
This position is a three-year commitment. The purpose of the Oregon Area Hospitals committee is to facilitate AA meetings within the Oregon State Hospital system, by organizing AA members from outside the hospitals to attend meetings inside the hospitals on a regular basis. This is done through workshops at districts where we inform GSRs of the opportunities available for service. We also provide information during committee sessions and roundtables. Committee person should have transportation available at all times and be able to commit several hours at least one day a week. A literature and travel budget is provided.
The following steps are required for volunteer clearance:
- Confirmed volunteer placement (site, position & supervisor)
- Completed volunteer registration form
- Read & sign confidentiality statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Criminal background history check (approved)
- Fingerprinting (if required)
- Proof of TB exam (test available here)
- OSH orientation class
- Supervision and escort (for approved volunteers)
If you wish to participate in taking meetings into a State Hospital, please fill out the State Hospital Volunteer Form on this page.
For meeting times and locations, or any other questions, please contact the Hospital Chair at email@example.com